Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mushroom experiment

It is another beautiful day. A much deserved on at that. After 4 days of cold rain and snow showers. The weather has slowed the mushroom harvesting however today looks promising. But there has been some good things. I have been watching the growth of a cluster of mushrooms for several days and will continue to do so for a few more. I have taken pictures in the morning and in the evening.I will compare them with to see when the greatest growth takes place. I.E. do they grow more at night ect? Also I am noticing the effect of the cold nights on the spawn of the mushrooms.

On a fun note I have had elk visit my camp on a number of occasion's. I also have a Mountain Blue Bird who wants to move in with me. They started to make a nest in my 5th -wheel hitch. I was sorry to have to evict them.

I will have updates as I can. I am accessing the Internet via my phone so its tough to download much. I will try to have some pictures soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment