Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fall Adventure

We have a unique hunting trip this fall. I am going to tag along with a friend elk hunting. But what is different is we are leaving the truck and hiking into the unit. We will hunt and then when we feel like it we will stop and set up a camp. Our camp may be without the comforts of a tent. We want to keep our packs light as possible. Hopefully we will be carrying out an elk. So our shelter may consist of a tarp and a sleeping bag.In the morning we will get up and hunt again.

We are going to be hunting the Minam unit. It is rugged country but there are likely to be good size bulls in there. For those of you who know about the area, we plan to hike into the Red's Horse Ranch. The only way into it is to hike or by plane.

So as usual I will take pictures and have a daily running log. It is likely though I wont be able to post live. Most if not all of the unit is out of cell range.

I also plan to go out in August when the bulls are starting there rutt and try to call a few in to get some great pictures.

Stay tuned I hope to have some product reviews coming soon....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip - I'll hope you have fun and get your elk! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be fun. Actually it's not my hunt I'm just tagging along. My season starts Nov 6th or there abouts. However I hope to get an elk then. It's been a while since we have had one.

    ReplyDelete