Friday, January 18, 2013

Reality show reality check

As many of you know my partner and I were filming a realty show. You can see the trailer here if you missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA0e0RWhx40

In the mean while there several shows that hit the tv networks. I won't name the shows, but personally I think they stink. I wont have competitions or treat the "loser" poorly. That's not my style. I want to show you, the one watching the show to see not just the treasure but also to learn the history of the area we are working in. I want it to be intertaining without all the drama and foul language.

At this time, however I am sad to say that my partner has dropped out. He has made some good points about why he want's to give it up. Call me stuborn or stupid, but I still think t would be a good show. But losing my partner I lose a big piece of the show, maybe the whole thing. He was the witty one who makes us all laugh. And maybe he is right, no one will like it or even want to show it. Or the antiquity people would shut us down. Or ban metal detecting for everyone. I don't know.

Losing my partner really bumms me out. However sometimes we have to diversify. A good friend suggested to me that I still film the show, but do it solo. Something along the lines of Survivorman. So I want to ask you, what would you like to see? Should I go solo, or find a new willing partner? I want your feedback and idea's. I want your thoughts, comments, suggestions, or idea's.

Thanks and don't let cabin fever get the best of you!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a wise friend. :-) I really liked your fire starting video on YouTube. Now I don't know if your goal was to get you show on TV, or stick with YT alone. There are several YT Channels where ones practice certain skills. One I follow is called gotrocksinhead - he does a lot of primitive skills stuff. It might take some time, but I bet you could get a real following on your YT channel, and who knows, maybe even make some money at it.

    As for what I'd like to see; well .. I'd have to say your Mountain Adventures, the wildlife you see, the scenery you see - you have a great eye, as your photography attests. Maybe some firefighting, metal detecting, outdoor skills, survival stuff, and so on.

    Just my 2 cents :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w. Melodee. The footage of you, tracking deer, and the snake slithers by undisturbed.. Priceless

    ReplyDelete