Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Spot Fire

Yesterday we hit the fire line and the fire was waking up a bit. We were on patrol and we saw a lot of smoke bellowing up. It was below our road. We pulled over and sure enough the fire made a run up the hill. It started a spot fire above the road. (The road is our fire containment line)  They sent in two hand crews in to work it. We supplied the water, hose, and other misc parts. One of the crews stayed foam on the hill with his water cannon.
Here is some of the pictures of what happened. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of the blow up. I was videoing it. When the season ends I will post it. It was crazy. It roared like a freight train.
Things are going well here our last day on our assignment may be the 25th. I will try to keep you up to date as I can. As always the signal is scetchy at best. In fact I am writing this so when I am in a signal  area I can post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment