Monday, April 23, 2012

The Mushroom Experiment

With the record heat it look's like the mushrooms may be early this year. So Today is the start of the experiment. Here is the kink to the  original post: http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8945422359317308278#editor/target=post;postID=8604328757037882616

I will check the ground temperature and then spread dry Morel pieces over the ground and rub them into the soil. I will check several locations and do the same. Then throughout the spring mushroom season I will be checking the spot to see the results if any. I will also be checking the ground temperature until the mushrooms spawn, and even then I plan to check areas that do not have mushrooms growing. I want to see how ground temperature affects when they grow. They likely have a window of temperature that they like to grow. I would check ground moisture but I don"t have the instrument. I know that has an effect on them as well.

So now it's out to the field.............

No comments:

Post a Comment