Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Couple of Day's of R and R

I am back for a couple of days and then it's back to work. Weather permitting I will be there from a few days up to a month.

As of today the fire is over 99,000 acres. The cell signal is poor at best. I tried to post an update but was unable. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I will keep trying to keep you all posted. I found out the North Fork store has free wifi so I will try to update when I go by.

We have had a good time. Good assignments and good people to work with. We have seen lot's of wildlife. We have seen Elk, Bighorn Sheep, Deer, Bald Eagles, and even a couple of Rattle Snakes. In fact I walked right over the top of them. Yikes!

Below is a few pictures of what is going on. I will have more to come as well. So far I have taken well over 300 pictures.
We often have to stop to let the Sheep pass


We hiked into this cabin to make sure no one was in there. It was in Owl Cr.
It is likely gone now

A Lamb
This is not a cloud. Well it is but it is created by the fire. It's called a plume dominated fire.

Burrito Oven

The fire is making a sustained run up the hill.

Just in time. The bridge construction materials were just starting to burn.

Smoke so thick it looks like fog

Fire backing down to the Salmon river

Two Big Boys

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some shots! You can hardly see the little lamb, he's so well camoflaged! That's sad that that cabin probably got burned up :-( it looks very peaceful... Work safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics p-stip. Possible frost here in Bend tonight. Hardly feels like summer right now. You got a good run going, hope it lasts a little longer and sets you up for winter. Talk to you soon, stymie.

    ReplyDelete