Friday, February 1, 2013

Bigfoot Encounter Part 2

The Bigfoot debate will probably go on forever, but the reports of sightings will continue. True, False, Real, or Fake, it will go on until someone comes up with some "real" physical proof. Personally I doubt it will ever happen. I believe it could but I think the creature is just to elusive and shy.

As Promised here is my sighting:

It was in the early 80's and my family and a bunch of friends were taken into Paulina Lake. Some skied into the lake others rode snowmobiles. Others rode a snow cat with all of the gear. We all  went up to the lake to have a cross country ski trip. It was great there was so many places to go play.

We skied up to Paulina Peak one day. It was a great view up there.You could see Mount Shasta from up there.Of course you could see all of the Cascades as well.

One morning we all decided to ski out to a place called Hell Hole. It was a big cinder pit, or crater. Not every one was ready so we all went up at different times. Most of the friends were ahead of us. Along with myself, my mom and her friend left the cabins. I remember the road was very long. We were well along the way down the road,and we were often looking back behind us to see if my dad was catching up with us. He was bringing up the rear.

Once again we all stopped and looked behind us to see if dad was coming. He wasn't, however as we were looking out of the tree's came Bigfoot. He crossed the road behind us, looked at us as he crossed and then disappeared back into the tree's on the other side. We all looked at one another in amazement.

Soon after my mom's friends husband came up on his snowmobile and we told him what we saw. He went back to look for tracks but couldn't find any. So we skied on to the "hell hole" playground.When we got there we told everyone who was still there what we saw.

Later that evening we were all having dinner and on of the friend's wife came in late. I remember she was panicky. You will see why in a minute. What had happened is after we made it to Hell Hole one of the friend's wife, the same panicky one, wasn't feeling well and went back to the cabins. So she never heard what we saw.

She came in to dinner freaked out and this is what she told us: When she left Hell Hole she decided to go through the tree's back to the cabins. Part of the way back she heard someone breathing and foot steps following her. She looked back and nothing. She kept going and the same thing. So she made a backtrack circle and again nothing. But she continued to hear the same thing. By now she is freaking out because it was starting to get dark.

It seems like she was late to dinner and we were all worried about her.We had all came back and had made it back before she did. After she told us what she heard we told her what we saw, and as you can imagine she was scared.

Was it Bigfoot that she heard? We will never know, but he ran to the same side of the road that she skied back to the cabins on.

This was an experience I will never forget. My mom remembers it as well. One bummer is my mom's friend, later would not admit that she saw anything. I don't know why. Maybe she was afraid of ridicule or something else.

So as far as I am concerned I know Bigfoot is real. But there are many questions yet to be answered. Maybe someday I will do a backpacking expedition to try to find the big guy. But the mystery will go on and maybe some day we will know for sure. Then again maybe we will never know the truth.......

1 comment:

  1. My feeling has long been North American Yeti Sightings in Asia also very rare, but confirmed.

    ReplyDelete