Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fire refresher and the Arizona hot shots

The refresher went well today. We went over some very good topics. We discussed in depth what may have happened on the fire in Arazona. You likely remember where the hot shots lost there lives doing what they love.

We salute the 19 who lost to the fire.

Their sacrifice teaches us so much. I don't mean to be insensitive about the matter, and I hope I don't sound that way. Having just lost my brother of 38 years I know the grief those of you who lost loved ones last year due to fires feels. Sadly we learn from other peoples experiences.

Those brave men were in the worst case scenario. But we can learn much from this. Today we did as we saluted them and their lives.........


We practiced our shelter deployment and then we did our pack test. I passed ad the age of 43. My score was 41.09.

As we look forward to the 2014 season we remember our fallen brothers from last year and in years past. They teach us a lot. I pray we all learn from what others tragically teach us, with their lives. Let's make this year a year to protect our lands we love and all come home safe and sound. Let show that the lives lost in the past weren't for nothing......

No comments:

Post a Comment