Tuesday, July 26, 2016

North Star Fire

Anticipation
We did a number of things on this fire as I said before. But there was a planned burn operation. It takes time and a lot of planning to successfully pull it off. 

Finalizing Plans


Hand drawn game plan


I hope you can enlarge the maps. The hand drawn map is actually done pretty well.

After days planning this operation as well as waiting for weather delays, they were ready to execute their burn. So after briefing the crews and handing out various assignments. Once everyone was in position they executed the plan. It went well and they reached their objective.
We didn't have much of a share in it but what we did do some patrol to make sure there wasn't any spot fires burning across the line.
As I said we did a variety of things on this fire. Each time I post I will show you the different things we did. Not a lot of excitement but we had a good time and in at least one occasion we did something I had never done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment