Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wildfire Season

Are you ready for fire season? Well I am. We finished the preseason stuff. The refresher is done. We had a great Instructor [Jaime Davila of Philomath] I passed the pack test. My best yet. Just over 40 minutes. [In case you are wondering what that is, it is a walk, not a run, but 45 lbs on our backs to do 3 miles in 45 minute's or less.] So we are ready to go for the season.

So I am going to to have a 'New Feature" on the blog this year. If we get called to an incident I will have full coverage as far as me and my crew's prospective is concerned. I will have daily updates on the happenings of the incident. You will have the inside scoop of what happens on a wildfire. The emotions we all go through, irritations, good day ,bad day, fun day, ect. Of course this is all contingent on my having cell service. Most of the time we do but once in a while we are sent out to a coyote camp and have no service at all. In that case I will update as I can. I will try to have live updates with pictures.

Keep checking back with this blog and I will have reminders as we get closer to the fire season. I will update when we are on call, when dispatched, and where we are going. I hope you will follow and I know you will enjoy having an inside look.

For a preview of what we will be seeing this season check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6h_BhJs_9M&context=C4fb51acADvjVQa1PpcFM9_0bRkt0evMDuHzO8WV9uWn4Nfjz59sA=

If you know someone who will enjoy following this blog please tell them about it so they can follow as well.........Until fire season............I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment