Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lost in the woods? Tip #3

Don't walk with your head down. Sounds like a no- brainer....but its not. Its a habit that is easy to get into. Its a sure fire way  to get lost.
Story: My great aunt woke up one morning and stepped out of her camper.She was walking out to the bathroom.And of course she was walking with her head down. She stopped and looked up for some reason, only to be nose to nose with a bear.She screamed and turned and her and the bear ran as hard as they could both in opposite directions.
The moral of the story: Keep your HEADS UP!

3 comments:

  1. I agree!! I have experienced this while mushroom hunting - because of course - mushrooms grow on the ground :-) Now, I make it a habit to look up regularly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done the same thing picking shrooms.I was totally turned around.Good thing I knew the country I was in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Love that story!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete